In addition to the Pet Health Care Library, we have provided the following links to websites that provide some great information on a variety of topics related to veterinary medicine and pet health care. We would love to hear your ideas on links that you would like to see us add to this page to share with other pet owners. Feel free to send us your favorites. If we like them, we will add them to our list!
Listed sites have no connection to our hospital. Inclusion on the list is not an endorsement of a site, or of its contents
- National Animal Poison Control CenterThis is the website of the National Animal Poison Control Center. It includes a library, links to other sites, and phone numbers for the poison control center
- Breeds of Dogs A quick reference guide to many breeds of dogs, including photos and brief descriptions of each breed's characteristics.
- Tompkins County SPCA
- Nutrition Information From Royal Canin: covers a wide variety of pet nutrition topics, and provides detailedinformation about the company's foods
- Heartworm Society Everything you ever wanted to know about heartworm disease can be found here!
- Cayuga County SPCA
- The Cat Fanciers' Association (CFA) The Cat Fanciers' Association website has lots of pictures, as well as information on cat breeds, cat care, upcoming cat shows, and much more.
- Veterinary Schools in the US This is a great link to all of the websites of veterinary schools in the United States.
- USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
The USDA maintains this website with information on a variety of animal health related topics, including the latest news on such things as Mad Cow Diseases, foot and mouth disease, and many other things.
- American Kennel Club
- Cortland Couny SPCA
- Rainbow BridgeAmerican Veterinary Medical Association
Anyone who has ever lost a pet should visit this wonderful site. It is a terrific tribute to our lost family members
This site is a good starting point to learn more about a variety of topics, including feline injection-site sarcomas and the latest subjects in veterinary medicine
- American Association of Feline Practitioners
The AAFP is like the American Medical Association for cat doctors, and has lots of good information regarding feline healt
- Cayuga Dog Resue
- Wildrun Feral Cat Rescue